Yggdrasil have clearly drawn inspiration from one of the most famous collections of stories to have produced their Jungle Books slot game. Indeed, taking from the Rudyard Kipling collection of stories from the almost-same named ‘Jungle Book’, the slot developer has used all the characters that form the tales that are told.
Naturally, many will perhaps know the story best via the Disney animated movie rather than the book itself, however the story is still the same and Jungle Books slot game follows that exact tale as well. Players who love anything to be associated with the legendary fable, will love this game from Yggdrasil as well.
Jungle Books is a slot game that is played on 5 reels and provides players with the opportunity to win from between 58 and 68 paylines. Interestingly, though, the game provides something rather different to any other slot game that has been developed as it uses a new mechanic known as Fusion Realms. This allows players to move through a constantly evolving set of reels, thus providing a rather unique gameplay experience.
For those bettors that are ready to skip the Jungle Books Free Play version that is available, they can place bets for as little as $0.10 per spin, whereas the maximum wager of $250 will suit those with deeper pockets right down to the ground!
Players can swing from the treetops automatically as the traditional ‘Autoplay’ button is available from the game panel at the bottom of the screen, as is the ‘Max Bet’ button which allows users to set the wager of $250 with just one click.
The low-value symbols of the game include the playing card suits (hearts, spades, clubs and diamonds) whilst the variety of jungle fruits that can be found growing are worth bigger rewards. The most rewarding appears to be the trio of golden pears, as they provide players with 300x their bet for a combination of five on a payline.
Indeed, Jungle Book is famous for the adventures of Mowgli and Baloo among others, therefore it is no surprise to see Yggdrasil include these characters in the game as symbols. There is a bear, a boy, a tiger, a panther and a snake. These characters all provide players with special rewards that are explained further below in this Jungle Books game review.
There are a number of bonus features available to players who head to the jungle and many of them all provide some interesting rewards.
- The first is the Tiger. This symbol will trigger a Sticky Respins feature with the symbols remaining sticky on the reels for the respin. On the tallest reel, Stacked Wilds will be added to further enhance the potential wins that can be achieved.
- The Boy provides players with the feature of Spreading Wilds, which will see a Wild spread to create one or two extra Wild symbols in random positions on the reels.
- The ‘Superhigh Pay Symbols’ feature is triggered by the Panther and this will see the high value symbols become Wilds. A Win Multiplier will also be triggered at random and provide players with wins of either 2x, 3x or 5x on their winnings.
- The Snake will provide players with a 3x Wild Multiplier feature that provides players 3x their bet if they produce a winning combination with at least one Wild. This symbol will also provide players the chance to win from both directions of the grid as well!
- The Bear triggers a Stacked Symbols feature, which is where one symbol is randomly chosen to become stacked on all reels on every spin. This includes the wild symbol and Honey Comb symbol. This symbol is added to the tallest reels with 1 more of these giving you a Pick & Click minigame where you get a prize for each Honey Comb symbol that lands with a 50,000 coins payout possible!
Each character feature above will also include the ‘Synced Reels’ feature, which provides players a greater chance of spinning a win as a number of the game’s reels match each other.
RTP (return to player)
The Jungle Book has a famous song about ‘The Bare Necessities’ and players will want to know the return to player (RTP) rate more than anything else. This Jungle Books review found that it is set at 96.10%, which is rather attractive!